The highly anticipated 2021 Billboard Latin Music Awards are approaching, and fans can look forward to a star-studded show full of exciting performances and musical collaborations by their favorite Latin artists. The event, which will be hosted by four international stars: William Levy, Gaby Espino, Pedro Fernández and Maite Perroni, will kick off with the red carpet special, followed by the awards ceremony, where the Billboard Icon Award will be presented for the first time to the band Maná; the Billboard Lifetime Achievement Award to Paquita la del Barrio; and the Billboard Hall of Fame Award to global icon Daddy Yankee.
Here is everything you need to know to enjoy the Latin musical extravaganza on Telemundo. Date: Thursday, September 23rd
• 7:00pm/6c – “La Alfombra de Premios Billboard” (The red carpet preshow)
• 8:00pm/7c – “Premios Billboard de la Música Latina” (Billboard Latin Music Awards)
• 11:35pm/10:35c – “Premios Billboard: Acceso VIP”
Where to Watch:
• Fans will be able to enjoy the red carpet preshow and the “Billboard Latin Music Awards” show LIVE on Telemundo and on the Telemundo app
• The music special will also air simultaneously on Hispanic entertainment cable channel Universo and throughout Latin America and the Caribbean on Telemundo Internacional. • In addition to the television special, fans will enjoy live digital coverage of the carpet via “El Preshow” at 7pm that will be streamed on Twitter and Facebook, YouTube, Telemundo.com and the Telemundo app.
• To close out the night “Premios Billboard: Acceso VIP” on Telemundo will take fans behind the scenes of everything that happened during the awards show.
Latin music stars have selected the prestigious Billboard Latin Music Awards stage to present television debuts, world premieres and never-before-seen collaborations in the following 20 electrifying and impactful musical performances:
1. Banda MS de Sergio Lizárraga & Christian Nodal will perform the world premiere of their song “La Sinvergüenza.”
2. Camila Cabello will perform her new song “Don’t Go Yet.”
3. Carlos Rivera will perform with Reik the world premiere of “Cuantas Veces.”
4. Carlos Vives will sing for the first time with his daughter Lucy Vives, accompanied by Mau y Ricky in the song “Besos en Cualquier Horario.”
5. Daddy Yankee will sing his new hit “Métele al perreo” in a television premiere. 6. Guadalupe Pineda, Yuri, and Ana Bárbara commemorate the 5th anniversary of Juan Gabriel’s departure with a medley prepared by maestro Eduardo Magallanes, including “Se Me Olvidó Otra Vez,” “Abrázame Muy Fuerte,” “Te Sigo Amando,” “Me Nace del Corazón” and “Amor Eterno.”
7. Jhay Cortez will sing his song “En Mi Cuarto” in a TV premiere.
8. Joss Favela will perform a mariachi version of his new hit “Tu Adiós Como Tequila.” 9. Juanes will sing the rock version of Grupo Niche’s hit “Rebelión,” one of the 50 most important Latin songs of all time.
10. Karol G will perform a medley including “El Makinon,” “Bichota,” “Ay, Dios Mío,” and “Tusa.”
11. Maná will perform the world premiere of their new single, a previously unreleased version of their classic: “El Reloj Cucú”, along with new vocal sensation Mabel.
12. Marc Anthony will offer the television premiere of his song “Pa’lla Voy.”
13. Myke Towers will perform a medley including “Pin Pin” and the world premiere of his new song “Experimento.”
14. Natti Natasha will perform the television premiere of “Noches en Miami.”
15. Nicky Jam will offer the public the TV premiere of “Miami.”
16. Paquita la del Barrio will celebrate a musical career that spans 50 years, singing “Rata de Dos Patas” and “El Consejo” with Ana Bárbara.
17. Prince Royce will sing the TV premiere of “Lao a Lao.”
18. Rauw Alejandro will sing his summer hit song, “Todo de Ti.”
19. Reik and Rauw Alejandro will perform the TV premiere of “Loquita.”
20. Rosalía will sing the new song “Linda” with Tokischa.
Who are the Top Finalists?
This year, urban music star Bad Bunny dominates the list of Billboard Latin Music Awards finalists with 22 entries. Multiple award finalists also include Maluma (11), J Balvin (9), Karol G (8), Anuel AA (8) and Black Eyed Peas (8). The complete list of finalists can be found at Telemundo.com/PremiosBillboard.
Who are the Awards Presenters?
The event will feature a dazzling list of celebrity presenters, including: Adamari López, Andrea Meza, Anitta, Black Eyed Peas, Carolina Miranda, Chiquis, Cristián de la Fuente, Damian Priest, El Fantasma, Elizabeth Gutierrez, Greeicy, Jacky Bracamontes, Julio Vaqueiro, Los Dos Carnales, Luis Figueroa, Mariana Seoane, Michel Duval, Mike Bahía, Rodrigo Garduño, Sofía Reyes, Tainy, and Wilfrido Vargas.
DETAILS: For the latest news, follow the event on Telemundo.com/PremiosBillboard